While there is so much happening across all sports, there is also a lot happening in the world of soccer as we prepare to enter the 2020-2021 season.
So what is happening in soccer as we get closer to the start of the 2021 season? Let’s get right to it!
Latest Done Deals 2020-2021 Season.
While many of the European leagues prepare to get their seasons started, teams are full speed ahead making signings.
Let’s see what some of the latest signings are:
English Premier League: New Signing, Thiago Silva, Chelsea FC.
Thiago Silva joins Frank Lampard’s side via a free transfer out of the French league, Paris St-Germain. The Brazilian joins the team as PSG decided not to offer the 35 year old a new deal. He comes to Chelsea with high hopes of delivering world class defending as he has done while he has been at PSG. Thiago was also the captain for the French team and in his time there he had some very impressive numbers:
- 8 Seasons, 315 matches, 293 starts as captain of the team, 17 goals and 25 titles.
Spain’s La Liga: New Signing Alert – Miralem Pjanic: Barcelona FC.
It is no secret at this point, that the newly appointed manager at Juventus is cleaning house and doing what is best for his team as the next season approaches.
One of the latest moves comes in a bit of a surprise, as Miralem Pjanic signs with Barcelona a $60 Million Euros contract to join the Spanish side rebuild the team. However, the news of Pjanic coming to Barcelona are exciting but the Bosnian player has tested positive for COVID-19 and cannot join the team until his quarantine period is completed.
BREAKING: Barcelona confirm new signing Miralem Pjanic has tested positive for the coronavirus.
He will be in quarantine for 15 days and miss the start of pre-season pic.twitter.com/X2JBGI7iuP
— B/R Football (@brfootball) August 23, 2020
Italian Series A: Blaise Matuidi Joins Inter Miami FC
David Beckham’s team, Inter Miami completed a fantastic transfer with Juventus and are bringing gigantic help in midfield by adding Blaise Matuidi.
I made my decision a few weeks ago to join @intermiamicf, rise to my friend David Beckham’s challenge and win new trophies there. My family and I can’t wait 👊🏾⚽🇺🇸🦩 #GiveItAll
Full interview 👇🏾 @bros_stories https://t.co/he4qR0mG2A pic.twitter.com/kLRVi5RoTE
— Blaise Matuidi (@MATUIDIBlaise) August 13, 2020
Miami adds a sensational signing and continues to add popularity to the MLS across the United States. I am excited to see what Blaise can bring to the league.
There are some teams across all the leagues expected to splash some serious cash for talent. Barcelona is still in full rebuild, Juventus is cleaning house and in the Premier League, some teams just need to add depth and more power to their rosters.
So what can fans expect for signings? Let me share with you a few of the rumors floating around that I believe will become true.
- Lionel Messi expected to come to the English premier league. My believe is that he will reunite with Pep Guardiola, however Arsenal and Manchester United are also heavily linked with the Argentine superstar. I am going to go on a limp here and say I can see him starting fresh and going to a Manchester United that is desperate for silverware.
Spanish La Liga:
- Fans expect to see Luis Suarez and James Rodriguez to join Atletico Madrid.
While the expectations are wild, I can certainly see Luis Suarez going to there.
Barcelona have been contacted by Atletico for Suarez
— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) August 29, 2020
One other move likely expected is Phillippe Coutinho coming back to Barcelona.
Here are some of the key dates for your calendars as some of the most exciting leagues prepare to restart.
It is worth noting as well that the French Ligue 1 has started already as of yesterday!
— OL English 🇬🇧 (@OL_English) August 28, 2020
However, let me give you a run down on the other leagues:
- English Premier League: Starting back up on September 12th. Matches happening that day will be:
- Fulham vs. Arsenal.
- Crystal Palace vs. Southampton.
- Liverpool vs. Leeds United.
- West Ham vs. Newcastle.
- Both Manchester teams have postponed their start of the season after seeking delay due additional European action in previous tournaments.
- Spanish La Liga: Same start date as the English Premier League. La Liga ended the 2019-2020 season as of May 23rd.
- Bundesliga: Start date will be September 18th. The German league has 18 teams which allows for fewer games to be played in this campaign.
- Series A Italy: September 12th starting date.
Thank you for allowing me to bring you another update on the soccer world.
Please be sure to check in next week as a special announcement will be made for all of our soccer fans!
~Diego Galvis (@Diego_TheDJ on Twitter)
Use Promo code “couchguy20” or “LLP” at Manscaped.com and grab some of the best tools in men’s below the belt grooming. Using the code will get you 20% off of your order AND free shipping. Help out the site and help out yourself by buying some products from Manscaped TODAY.