Top 50 Superhero Movies of All-Time: 20-11
20. X-Men (2000)- The 1st modern superhero movie, X-Men was a game changer. Not only did it take the source material seriously, but it was the first time Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart played their iconic roles as Wolverine and Professor X.
19. Wonder Women (2017)- Wonder Woman felt more like a movement than a movie. It was the first superhero movie led by a woman to make $100 million dollars and for good reason. Gal Gadot surprised a lot people (including me) with how good she was as Diana Prince. She was remorseful yet commanding and just likable.
18. Logan (2017)- In what was Hugh Jackman’s final performance as Wolverine, Logan was the perfect swan song. Logan, being rated R, really benefited from the violence and gore as you truly felt this was the end of Wolverine. Add Dafne Keen’s X-23 in and you have a bloody kick-ass movie.
17. Superman (1978)- “You’ll Believe A Man Can Fly”. That was the iconic tagline of this movie and the world was never the same. The 1st real superhero movie ever made, Superman changed everything. The film was the most expensive movie ever made at the time and it was well worth it. But the movie wouldn’t be what it is without Christopher Reeve’s iconic performance as The Man of Steel.
16. Black Panther (2018)- Considering Black Panther just became the 1st superhero movie ever to be nominated for Best Picture, you know its a damn good movie. T’Challa is one of the best new heroes in the MCU, considering he’s also the King of the most powerful country in the world in Wakanda. On top of that, Michael B. Jordan gave a powerful performance the villain Killmonger.
15. The Dark Knight Rises (2012)- The ending of the greatest superhero trilogy ever made, The Dark Knight Rises is very underrated. Bruce Wayne is a broken man and has been unable to move on from being Batman. Then a force of nature comes through Gotham in Bane; giving us another fantastic villain for Batman to go up against.
14. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)- Marvel Studios finally got their hands back on Spider-Man and they did not disappoint. Tom Holland delivers the best version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man that we have seen on the big screen. RDJ is amazing again as Tony Stark; this time as a father figure. Michael Keaton also brings a lot to the table as he plays the Vulture and shows that he is one of the better MCU villains.
13. Deadpool (2016)- This film took years to make and boy was it worth it. Deadpool was the 1st mainstream rated R superhero movie and it is by far the bloodiest and funniest superhero movie ever made. Ryan Reynolds is utterly perfect as the Merc with a Mouth and gives countless memorable moments (see below).
12. The Incredibles (2004)- One of Pixar’s greatest films to date, The Incredibles lives up to the name. Not only is The Incredibles a fantastic superhero movie, its a great family film. The Parr family goes through regular family problems like all of us, but their superheroes. Throw in a fantastic and complex villain in Syndrome and you have an all-time classic film.
11. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)- In what is the best X-Men movie ever made, Days of Future Past combines the original cast and the new cast seamlessly into one movie. In the apocalyptic future, the original X-Men must change the past to save themselves. This movie is so complex and its so cool to see the different generations of X-Men all in one movie together.
Steve Santoro (SVS_1993)