Similarly to my last post I am going to make this short and sweet, I will have more interesting stuff once the season starts because it’s always more fun to talk about something that’s happening and not going to happen. Without further ado here are my top 5 WR and TE for the 2017 season!
My Top 5 fantasy WR for the 2017 season
- Julio Jones- My top 3 WR could definitely all be interchangeable at their respective spots. That being said, I think Julio deserves to be #1. This man is an absolute monster on the field. Everyone always says, Odell has the best hands in the league and Antonio Brown has the best route running. I don’t disagree with these statements, but Julio has immaculate route running, fantastic hands, ridiculous speed, and hes much bigger than both of the previously mentioned WR. Julio will put up the best numbers this year among all WR if he stays healthy.
- Antonio Brown- AB deserves the number 2 spot because of his targets alone. Not to mention his repertoire with Big Ben. Brown has the consistency to put up top 5 WR numbers every week (except the Steelers bye week) and I think he deserves to be the second WR taken off everyones draft board.
- Odell Beckham Jr.- OBJ has been nothing but entertaining since he has joined the league. You never know what hes gonna get himself into next, from kissing a kicking net, to proclaiming he should be the highest paid player in the NFL, he’s kind of a wild card. I say kind of because what is consistent about him is his ability to score fantasy points. Beckham should be drafted 3rd among WR this year solely because of his ability to ruin my fantasy team every time I play against him.
- Jordy Nelson– Nelson is an absolute monster in the red zone. Last year he led the league in almost every red zone stat possible. This includes targets, catches, yards and touchdowns. Without Eddie Lacy I think the Packers throw it even more in the red zone and Nelson will prosper.
- Mike Evans- I really wanted to put A.J. Green here because of how amazing of a player he is, but he just can’t stay healthy. Evans had an awesome season last year and I think the Buccaneers utilize him even more this season to finally break that playoff drought.
My Top 5 fantasy TE for the 2017 season
- Travis Kelce- Kelce gets the top spot here because of how big of a factor he is in the Chiefs offense. After the loss of Jeremy Maclin the Chiefs will use Kelce even more and I think he is the highest scoring TE in fantasy this year.
- Greg Olsen- I think Olsen has another good year because of how consistent he is. The Panthers may be making a comeback to their 2015 form this year and I’d be willing to take the chance on Olsen having a top 2 fantasy year among TE.
- Jimmy Graham- Jimmy spent last years off season rehabbing from an injury and still had a great year. This off season he spent working on his chemistry with Russell Wilson and I think the Seahawks utilize him in the red zone a lot more than last year.
- Jordan Reed- Reed is such a talented tight end, if only he could stay healthy. I think he gets lucky this year and avoids injury to finish 4th overall among fantasy TEs.
- Rob Gronkowski- Gronk should be higher but thanks to his yearly injury I wouldn’t expect him to play more than 10 games. That being said, when he is playing I think he scores enough points to finish 5th among TE because of how good he actually is.
Sleeper Picks for 2017
Dalvin Cook- Cook has looked fantastic this preseason. I think he earns the starting job for the Vikings and provides them with the running game they need to take their offense to the next level.
Bilal Powell- Powell had a great under-the-radar season last year and I think among the whopping 0 offensive weapons the Jets have, he gets a majority of the touches. Even though the Jets will have a rough time this year, Powell won’t. Also he’s a steal in the later rounds of the draft.
Pierre Garcon- I think being the number 1 WR on a Kyle Shanahan coached offense deserves some recognition here. I don’t care who the 49ers QB, Garcon is gonna get most of the targets and he is going to have a good year.
That’s all for this week! Check back every Tuesday for more!
Written By: Jon Tetreault ( @jtetreault13 )