Are Brady And Patriots Getting Divorced?
Someone please wake me up from this dream that I’m in and let me know that Brady isn’t going anywhere other than the place he has known for the last 20 years. I’m going to be very blunt with what I am about to say. I am extremely pissed with all of the speculation I am hearing. I get that to this point, it is all hearsay but there are growing reports that Brady will not be returning to the Patriots.
The fact of the matter is that I don’t believe anything until I see it, meaning I refuse to believe the greatest quarterback of all time is going anywhere other than New England. If you are taking one side or the other on this matter, STOP IT! The two sides are a perfect fit for one another, and that’s apparent by now.
Brady and Belichick may not need each other to be successful, but why test that theory now? Brady knows what to expect from Bill, and vice versa. As with any scenario, there are reasons that I can see Brady leaving and there are also reasons that I see him staying.
Why He Leaves:
- Brady wants appreciation for the last couple years of his career.
- Patriots do not provide him the weapons on offense that he’s looking for.
- Believes he can build his brand to a larger scale somewhere else.
- Prove that he can thrive without Bill.
Why He Stays:
- Familiarity with the Patriots organization. This has been his home the past 20 years!
- Patriots give him the best chance to win.
- The team loads up on offense / gives him weapons.
- Kraft intervenes to make him stay (although extremely unlikely given recent news).
- Does not want to tarnish legacy.
- There is no succession plan for anyone else to take the reins (Is Jarrett Stidham ready?).
My heart would be break to see Tom Brady leave New England. If it did indeed happen, I truly think that I would be in hibernation for an extended period of time. That awful feeling of waking up on a Monday morning would be how I felt every day of the week. I still believe that Brady and the Patriots make it work. In my opinion, there is too much history to just up and say goodbye after 20 seasons. I was confident just a couple weeks ago that Brady was coming back. Now, I hope that a reunion occurs…
Use Promo code “couchguy” or “LLP” at Manscaped.com and grab some of the best tools in men’s below the belt grooming. Using the code will get you 20% off of your order AND free shipping. Help out the site and help out yourself by buying some products from Manscaped TODAY.
Follow this link and signup for Seated. The restaurant reservations app that will get you discounts and other gifts just for using the app to reserve your table at your favorite restaurants in Boston: seated.s2l3a2.net/c/2016892/705985/10715
-Steven Carlberg (@stevencarlberg)